Parking Information near Benedum Center Pittsburgh
As the crown jewel of Pittsburgh's Cultural District, Benedum Center adds special spice to everyday life of city dwellers and entertains the patrons with upscale art performance, live concerts, dance, theaters and movies. Home to Pittsburgh Dance Council, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Pittsburgh CLO and Pittsburgh Opera, this deluxe-facilitated venue also prides itself as the major arena for a number of first-run and full-cast Broadway touring productions. During your itinerary, do make one night for an immersive performance at this world-class art complex.
Events Calendar & More about Benedum Center
Due to its key location in Cultural District, and adjacent to a number of other theater venues and an array of dining and shopping places, Benedum Center never burdens the patrons with parking problems. Roughly, there are over 5,000 parking spaces throughout the Cultural District at a wide option of lots and garages. Therefore, parking is never a challenge whether you are here to enjoy performances or just hang out. You can refer to our article to locate the closest parking facility to you.
Benedum Center on Map
- Benedum Lot is located on Penn Ave and 7th Avenue, offering 40 uncovered parking spaces. It works from 7 am to 12 am Monday through Friday, and opens 24 hours on Saturday. As for the parking fees, they are $5 for the first 30 minutes, $10 for the first 2 hours, and $15 for 4 hours and overnight parking. On Saturday, the rate is $15 per day.
- Theater Square Parking Garage is built at the intersection of 7th Street and Ft. Duquesne Blvd. There are 800 parking spaces available 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. Please note that vehicles over 7′2″ can not park in this facility! The rates are $4 for first 30 minutes, $7 for the first 2 hours, $10 for 4 hours, and $7 for overnight parking. On even days, the rate will be $10 for each performance. On weekends, the parking rate is $7 per 24 hours. Call 412-323-4455 to get more info.
- Freemarkets Garage is located at 6th Avenue & Wood Street, providing spaces for 325 vehicles. This facility is operated from 7 am to 11 pm Sunday through Saturday, and the parking rate is a little higher compared with the two above. For the first 30 minutes, parking charges $7, and then $14 for one hour, $19 for one hour and a half, and $24 maximum per day. During evening, it is $6 flat rate. On weekend and general holidays, parking is $10 per day.
- Ninth and Penn Avenues Garage offers 580 parking spaces, and is conveniently located within walking distance to Benedum Center and several world-class restaurants and attractions. This is also a 24-hour parking facility operated seven days a week. The rates are $3.75 for the first hour, $4.75 for 2 hours, $7.5 for 4 hours parking and $9.75 maximum per day. If you want to park vehicle overnight in this area, this garage is the premier option, for the overnight parking fee is just $5. On weekends, this garage charges $2 for the first hour parking, $3 for the first 2 hours and $5 maximum for the whole day.
- 8th Street Lot is located at the corner of 8th Street and Fort Duquesne Blvd. This outdoor parking facility has 200 spaces. The rates are $12 per day, and $6 overnight. For more info about this lot, please call 412-566-8816.
- Ft. Duquesne & Sixth Street Garage has a large capacity of 920 spaces, and is accessible for vehicles tall up to 6′6″ (about 1.98m). This facility operates 24 hours daily throughout the year and the rates are: $3.75 / hour, $4.75 / 2 hours, $7.5 / 4 hours, $9.75 / day and $5 overnight. On Saturday and Sunday, parking is priced $2 / hour, $3 / 2 hours and $5 / day.
If you still think this is not enough, listed below are more other parking options in Pittsburgh's Cultural District near Benedum Center:
- Fifth Avenue Place Garage: 270 spaces
- Smithfield/Liberty Garage: 620 spaces
- 930 Ft. Duquesne Blvd Lot: 146 spaces
- Mellon Square Garage: 900 spaces
- Liberty Center Parking: 500 spaces
- Stanwix Street Garage: 720 spaces
- 8th Street & Penn Ave Lot: 130 spaces
- Oliver Garage: 600 spaces